BLACKHAWK! describes this item as follows:
Speed Clips are made of a modern carbon-fiber polymer material that is strong, flexible and durable. These are one of the most versatile pieces of MOLLE hardware available. Developed by BlackHawk's R&D staff, these clips quickly mount or disconnect pouches and other gear quickly and efficiently - no more tedious weaving of bulky straps or hesitation at rearranging your kit for better ergonomics. These clips make that task easy. Tested in combat, they have proven to be both reliable and secure.
How the Speed Clip works
- Speed clips DO NOT RUST!
- Contain an accessory lanyard hole
- Free floating for use with other accessories, unlike attached MOLLE straps
- Just like the name, they are FAST!
- Color matched to your gear
- Come in 3", 5", 7" and 9" lengths to accommodate any size pouches
- Can be used with all of our 38-series pouches
- Can be used with any existing MOLLE pouches (simply cut the strap off or tuck it behind the Speed Clip)
- Can be used in other innovative ways to enhance your personal setup
Existing MOLLE Strap?
- Place the pouch so its webbing aligns with spaces between the webbing on the platform
- Insert the Speed Clip under the webbing of the platform, alternately weaving it between the platform and the pouch
- Secure the end of the Speed Clip by hooking its tab onto the last section of webbing
- If you have a pouch that has a MOLLE strap, you can either cut the strap off or tuck it behind the Speed Clip.