BLACKHAWK! describes this item as follows:
Blackhawk® IVS - Intercooler Venting System
- Easy-access #9 YKK dual zipper closure
- Top hook and loop flap over two overlapping layers fo heavy duty elastic allows quick drop of items into the pouch, but keeps them securely inside
- D-ring to allow over-the-shoulder wear with shoulder strap (70SS00, 70SS02)
- 3x6 front accessory pouch with wide-release buckle and hook and loop closure
- Patent # D500807
- Made of 1000 denier NyTaneon™ nylon lined with closed cell foam
- IVS™ back panel for increased ventilation and added comfort
- Adjustable Lid Design on most pouches to fully secure each device
- Holds 3 mags
- Elastic rubberized leg straps for stability and comfort
- Drainage grommets in the bottom of pouches
- Can be used for loose ordanance, empty magazines or evidence/contraband
- Slotted webbing; adjustable and removable belt hanger, non-slip leg straps, and belt loops allow for four different configurations
- Low ride drop leg with two leg straps
- High ride drop leg with one leg strap
- Alice clip configuration for attaching to a vest, pack, etc.
IVS stands for "Intercooler Venting System". This technology helps improve the structure of packs and rigs through stiffening of the back panel and provides enhanced stability during movement as a result. In addition, the molded channels on the platform increase air flow between the equipment and your body to provide additional comfort during those extended missions.
The molded back panel is constructed of a "tri-laminate" of nylon, closed cell foam, and durable moisture wicking material, all heat compressed into one solid platform, as you can see on the product shown on the left.
Compare this technology to our competitor's products and you will immediately know why Blackhawk is the operator's first choice.
Blackhawk offers over 100 products that incorporate IVS technology for increased comfort and performance.