Kershaw 1098AK Alaskan Blade Trader with Hunting, Saw and Skinning Blades with Gut Hook
KS1098AK: 1098AK Alaskan Blade Trader
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO FIELD-DRESS YOUR GAME -- IN LESS SPACE
How can you take more tools with you, but have them take up less space in your tent or rig? That’s the beauty of the Blade Trader concept. Kershaw’s Blade Trader technology provides the convenience of multiple, interchangeable blades and tools, but with a single handle. After all, there’s no need to carry the whole tool, when it’s just the business end you want.
The Alaskan Blade Trader is the perfect choice for hunters. It gives you a big skinning blade with non-clogging gut hook, a sturdy saw blade, and a handy do-everything-else clip-point utility blade. All three blades, plus the comfortable Blade Trader handle, store in a compact leather belt sheath.
You can exchange blades with the Blade Trader’s exclusive Quik-Lock mechanism quickly, easily, and safely. The steel used to make each blade is matched to its specific application. And like the blades themselves, each Blade Trader handle is engineered with attention to function and form. Even after years of constant use, the patented Quik-Lock mechanism will securely hold each blade in place. To make the job more comfortable, the non-slip Blade Trader handle is ergonomically designed to reduce hand fatigue.
- Fixed Blade - The knife does not fold closed; usually stored in a sheath or blade protector.
- Hunting - This knife is part of Kershaw's series of hunting knives—for the toughness, durability, and edge-holding capabilities your next hunting trip demands.
- Scallop Serration - Serrations assist in cutting through particularly tough or fibrous material, such as rope or cord. The scalloped serration offers even cutting power on both push and pull strokes and doesn't "tear" the material as much as other serration styles.
- Blade Trader - Blade Traders are knives with interchangeable blades so you can carry more knives in less space.
- Leather Sheath - This knife comes with a storage and/or carrying sheath.
- 1 handle, 3 interchangeable blades
- Skinning blade: AUS6A, satin finish, 4 1/2 in. (11.4 cm)
- Hunting blade: 420J2, satin finish, 3 1/2 in. (8.9 cm)
- Saw blade: Saw steel, satin finish, 5 1/2 in. (14 cm)
- Handle: Co-polymer
- Weight: 11.6 oz. (total)
- Includes leather sheath
- Made in China
UPC Code: 087171109800
Leather is known for its durability and traditional appeal. When compared to kydex it is preferred for its silence when bumped against other objects, as well as blade retention.
A nylon polymer that is lightweight and extremely durable, Zytel can be shaped and textured to provide excellent grip.
Kershaw 1099DBT Deluxe Blade Trader…
$94.95On Sale: $44.95
SOG HT201N HuntsPoint Exchange Fixe…
Kershaw 1091CT Camp Tool Trader
KA-BAR BK2 Becker Companion Fixed 5…
Schrade SCHF9N Extreme Survival Lar…
Cold Steel 17T Kobun Light Weight B…
Cold Steel Kukri Machete 13" Carbon…
Gerber 31-000751 Bear Grylls Surviv…
Cold Steel 95BUSS Bushman 7" Fixed …
$37.99On Sale: $19.95
Ontario SP10 Spec Plus Marine Raide…