Kershaw 1555ST Cryo Assisted 2-3/4" Bead Blasted Combo Blade, Rick Hinderer Framelock Design
KS1555ST: 1555ST Bead Blasted Cryo
2012 BEST BUY OF THE YEAR—BLADE MAGAZINE
If you've been craving a Rick Hinderer knife, but couldn’t quite part with the bucks, your last excuse has just disappeared. The Cryo is the result of collaboration between Rick Hinderer and the design and production engineers at Kershaw. And we’re sure it will satisfy both your Hinderer craving and the demands of your wallet.
A classic Rick Hinderer design, the Cryo is built of pure stainless steel with a nice bead blasted finish for a no-fuss look that lets the design shine through. Like all Rick’s knives, the Cryo benefits from Rick’s real world experience as a fire fighter and EMT. It’s designed to be a sturdy knife that’s still aesthetically pleasing and feels good in the hand.
For secure blade lock up, the Cryo offers a tough frame lock with lockbar stabilization. The Cryo also features Kershaw’s SpeedSafe assisted opening for fast and easy one-handed opening. Access it with either the built-in flipper or the thumbstud.
Slightly smaller than some Hinderer pocketknives, the Cryo is a superb knife for every day carry. EDC this guy for a while and we think you’ll soon appreciate its virtues. You get the tactical, hard-use looks you’re looking for, a Hinderer design, and SpeedSafe opening in this amazingly affordable Kershaw that’s destined to be the Hinderer for the rest of us.
- Flipper- May be used on either manual or assisted opening knives. The "flipper" is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle.
- SpeedSafe® - Assists you to open any SpeedSafe® knife quickly and easily with a manual push on the thumbstud or pull back on the flipper; built into many Kershaw best sellers.
- Frame Lock - A portion of the handle (the knife frame) moves behind the blade to lock it into position during use. This is a safety feature of the knife.
- Quad-carry- The user may position the pocketclip for tip-up or tip-down, left- or right-handed carry.
- SpeedSafe assisted opening
- Frame lock
- Flipper and thumbstud
- Quad-carry (tip-up/tip-down; left/right) pocketclip; deep-carry
- Steel: 8Cr13MoV, bead blast finish
- Handle: 410 stainless steel
- Blade length: 2-3/4" (7 cm)
- Closed length: 3-3/4" (9.5 cm)
- Overall length: 6-1/2" (16.5 cm)
- Weight: 4.1 oz. (116.2 g)
- Made in China
Developed by Chris Reeve, it functions like a liner lock but the lock is comprised of one of the handle scales. It's an extremely strong and easy to manipulate lock.
Includes a pocket clip for easy accessibility and a more secure carry.
Stainless Steel knife handles provide strength and durability while using chromium oxide to create a rust-resistant barrier.
Considered a value steel, 8Cr13 steel provides adequate corrosion resistance but with slightly more carbon than AUS-8, it will sharpen up and hold an edge better.
Kershaw 1660 Leek Assisted 3" Sandv…
$79.99On Sale: $44.95
Boker Plus Anti-MC Folding Knife 3-…
Kershaw 1555Ti Cryo Assisted 2-3/4"…
DPx Gear HEST 2.0 Right Handed Fold…
Columbia River 6450S Drifter Foldin…
Kershaw 1600 Chive Assisted 1-15/16…
$69.99On Sale: $39.95
Zero Tolerance Rexford 0801 Folding…
Zancudo Folding Knife 3" Black Blad…
$47.00On Sale: $27.95
Kershaw 4035TIKVT Nura 3.5 Flipper …
$59.99On Sale: $24.95
Spyderco C123TIP Sage 2 Folding Kni…
Kershaw 1660CKT Leek Assisted Flipp…