Kershaw 1660VIB Rainbow Leek Assisted 3" Plain Blade, Rainbow Stainless Steel Handles
KS1660VIB: 1660VIB Leek, Rainbow
The minute you take the Rainbow Leek out of your pocket, people will start to stare. And who can blame them? The Rainbow Leek is nothing short of spectacular. In fact, when it first came out, it was chosen for Blade Magazine's Overall Knife of the Year award.
The Rainbow Leek's amazing multi-colored finish comes from a process known as PVD or Physical Vapor Disposition. Metals are ionized with a high-current, low-voltage arc then placed in a vacuum chamber along with the products to be coated—in this case, the blade and handle of the Rainbow Leek. A negative voltage is introduced and a micro-thin layer of metal permanently coats the blade and handle. Ionizing different metals creates different coatings. In this case, the metal is titanium oxide and oxygen is also introduced into part of the process. The combination makes the brilliant rainbow colors you see on the Rainbow Leek (as well as the Rainbow Scallion and Rainbow Chive). Like all Leeks, the Rainbow Leek has a practical 3-inch blade, which makes it a good-sized knife, but not too big.
The slim design makes it easy to carry and its razor-sharp blade of high-performance Sandvik 14C28N means it can take care of a full range of cutting tasks. For a partially serrated blade, choose the 1660VIBST Rainbow Leek. The Rainbow Leek features the SpeedSafe ambidextrous assisted opening system for easy one-handed open. Whether you're left-handed or right-handed, just pull back on the blade protrusion or push outward on the thumbstud and the Rainbow Leek's blade is ready.
The Rainbow Leek's handle is pure stainless steel and it offers a super-secure frame lock, as well as a Tip-Lock slider, which locks the blade closed when folded, for additional safety.
- Flipper: May be used on either manual or assisted opening knives. The "flipper" is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle.
- SpeedSafe: Assists you to open any SpeedSafe knife quickly and easily with a manual push on the thumbstud or pull back on the flipper; built into many Kershaw best sellers.
- Frame Lock: A portion of the handle (the knife frame) moves behind the blade to lock it into position during use. This is a safety feature of the knife.
- Reversible: Pre-drilled holes in the handle enable the user to change either the tip position or the side on which the knife carries.
- Blade length: 3 in. (7.5 cm)
- Closed length: 4 in. (10.3 cm)
- Overall Length: 7 in. (17.9 cm)
- SpeedSafe assisted opening
- Frame lock
- Reversible (tip-up/tip-down, right) pocketclip
- Steel: Sandvik 14C28N, titanium-oxide rainbow coating
- Handle: 410 stainless steel, titanium-oxide rainbow coating
- Weight: 3 oz. (85 g)
UPC Code: 087171166308
Developed by Chris Reeve, it functions like a liner lock but the lock is comprised of one of the handle scales. It's an extremely strong and easy to manipulate lock.
Includes a pocket clip for easy accessibility and a more secure carry.
Stainless Steel knife handles provide strength and durability while using chromium oxide to create a rust-resistant barrier.
This product is USA born and raised.
Kershaw 1660 Leek Assisted 3" Sandv…
Boker Plus Anti-MC Folding Knife 3-…
Kershaw 1555Ti Cryo Assisted 2-3/4"…
DPx Gear HEST 2.0 Right Handed Fold…
Columbia River 6450S Drifter Foldin…
Kershaw 1600 Chive Assisted 1-15/16…
Zero Tolerance Model 0301 Assisted …
$340.00On Sale: $225.95
Zero Tolerance Rexford 0801 Folding…
Zancudo Folding Knife 3" Black Blad…
$47.00On Sale: $27.95
Spyderco C123TIP Sage 2 Folding Kni…
Zero Tolerance Model 0560 Folding 3…
$325.00On Sale: $224.95