Kershaw 1678 Camber Assisted 3.125" S30V Stonewashed Plain Blade, Aluminum Handles
KS1678: 1678 Camber
GET AHEAD OF THE CURVE WITH THE CAMBER
A camber is a slightly arched surface, for instance, a road, a ship's deck, an airfoil, or a snow ski. But in the case of this knife, it's an ergonomic handle curve that gives this new Kershaw knife its name.
But the star attraction is a blade of S30V powdered stainless steel in a classic drop-point. Powdered steel is more dense and fine-grained, enabling it to take and hold an extremely fine edge for a longer period of time. It was specifically designed by Crucible as a blade steel and exhibits excellent toughness, wear resistance and hardness. Kershaw has given the S30V blade a stonewashed finish for a non-reflective look.
SpeedSafe® assisted opening makes the Camber smooth and easy to open one-handed. Just pull back on the flipper and the knife is ready to go to work.
Yet with all its cutting power, the Camber is a lightweight knife thanks to its aluminum handle. The curved handle provides additional cutting leverage as well as offering an extremely comfortable grip on the knife. To enhance grip further, the Camber’s handle features Kershaw’s Trac-Tec inserts for extra grip traction—even when cutting in cold or wet environmental conditions.
The Camber features a secure liner lock and includes a reversible pocketclip for convenient pocket carry.
- Flipper - May be used on either manual or assisted opening knives. The "flipper" is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle.
- SpeedSafe® - Assists you to open any SpeedSafe® knife quickly and easily with a manual push on the thumbstud or pull back on the flipper; built into many Kershaw best sellers.
- Liner Lock - Locks the blade open during use; one side of the knife’s steel “liner,” the steel plate to which the handle scales are attached, moves into position behind the blade to securely lock it open.
- Reversible - Pre-drilled holes in the handle enable the user to change either the tip position or the side on which the knife carries.
- Made In The USA - When you see this on one of the knives, it means this knife was made in eir Tualatin, Oregon manufacturing facility by skilled Kershaw knifemakers.
- Blade length: 3 in.
- Closed length: 4.2 in.
- SpeedSafe assisted opening
- Liner lock
- Reversible pocket clip (left/right)
- Steel: S30V, stonewashed finish
- Handle: 6061-T6 anodized aluminum, Trac-Tec inserts
- Weight: 3.8 oz. (107.7 g)
- Made in the USA
A hardened wear and corrosion resistant stainless steel developed in collaboration with Chris Reeve. It is known for its improved sharpness and toughness. This is a premium grade steel only used in high end knives. Composition: Carbon 1.45%, Chromium 14.00%, Vanadium 4.00%, Molybdenum 2.00%
This product is USA born and raised.
Includes a pocket clip for easy accessibility and a more secure carry.
A solid, lightweight material that can be molded, textured or anodized to provide better grip under extreme conditions.
Spyderco C122GP Tenacious Folding K…
Smith & Wesson Extreme Ops First Re…
Columbia River 1070 Koji Hara Ichi …
$49.95On Sale: $17.95
Cold Steel 26SP Ti-Lite Folding Kni…
Spyderco C136GP Persistence Folding…
Kershaw 1445 Half Ton Folding Knife…
$22.95On Sale: $13.95
Ontario RAT Model 1 Folding Knife 3…
Kershaw 1830 Oso Sweet Assisted 3.1…
Boker Plus Urban Survival Pen Size …
TOPS/Buck CSAR-T Tactical Folding K…