Shun Dual Core Kiritsuke Knife 8" Blade (VG0017)
Victorinox Forschner 8" Chef's Knif…
Cold Steel Kitchen Classic Chefs Kn…
Shun Premier Chef's Knife 8" Hammer…
KAI Pure Komachi 2 Series (Fuchsia)…
Victorinox Forschner 6" Stainless S…
Wusthof Classic 8" Cook's Knife
Clauss Titanium Bonded 10" Chef Kni…
Zwilling J.A. Henckels Miyabi Kaize…
Shun Classic Japanese Style Chef's …
Al Mar UC8 Cocobolo Ultra-Chef Chef…
Boker Ceramic Chef's Knife 6-1/8" B…
KSVG0017: Dual Core Kiritsuke 8"
Until now, it was considered almost impossible to create true layered fold-forged Damascus from two premium-quality stainless steels. No longer. What was impossible is now a reality - and Shun is proud to bring it to your kitchen.
- 71 alternating micro layers of VG10 and VG2, high-carbon, high-chromium stainless steel
- Layers are welded together and fold-forged to give a finer grain to the steel and to create the beautiful pattern
- Dual core construction - both steels go all the way to the edge
- The blade is light, thin and strong - for an ultra-sharp edge
- During normal use, the two steels on the edge wear at different rates creating micro serrations along the edge for an extremely sharp edge that stays sharp longer
- Less honing is required to maintain edge
- Traditional Japanese octagon-shaped handles in ebony PakkaWood
- Model Number: VG0017
- Kiritsuke 8"
- Made in Japan
The exotic steel Capital of the World, Japan produces and innovates some of the best products, from pocket to kitchen knives and everything in between.
Provides a traditional, natural look and feel to a modern tool. Wood absorbs shock well and is popular in axe handles.