Shun Dual Core Honesuki Japanese Boning Knife 4-1/2" Blade (VG0018)
KSVG0018: Dual Core Honesuki 4-1/2"
Honesuki boning knives with the distinctive triangular shape give easy access to flesh and tendons.
Until now, it was considered almost impossible to create true layered fold-forged Damascus from two premium-quality stainless steels. No longer. What was impossible is now a reality - and Shun is proud to bring it to your kitchen.
- 71 alternating micro layers of VG10 and VG2, high-carbon, high-chromium stainless steel
- Layers are welded together and fold-forged to give a finer grain to the steel and to create the beautiful pattern
- Dual core construction - both steels go all the way to the edge
- The blade is light, thin and strong - for an ultra-sharp edge
- During normal use, the two steels on the edge wear at different rates creating micro serrations along the edge for an extremely sharp edge that stays sharp longer
- Less honing is required to maintain edge
- Traditional Japanese octagon-shaped handles in ebony PakkaWood
- Model Number: VG0018
- Honesuki 4-1/2"
- Made in Japan
The exotic steel Capital of the World, Japan produces and innovates some of the best products, from pocket to kitchen knives and everything in between.
Provides a traditional, natural look and feel to a modern tool. Wood absorbs shock well and is popular in axe handles.
Old Hickory Boning 6" Blade Knife
Victorinox Forschner 5" Semi-Flexi…
Victorinox Forschner Curved Semi-St…
Cold Steel Kitchen Classic Boning K…
Kershaw 9900 Series Kitchen Boning …
Victorinox Forschner 5" Narrow Stif…
Victorinox Forschner Boning Knife 4…
Al Mar UC5 Cocobolo Ultra-Chef Hone…
Shun Classic 6" Blade Gokujo Boning…
Messermeister Park Plaza 6" Stiff C…
Victorinox Forschner Rosewood Handl…