Shun Dual Core Utility / Butchery Knife 6" Blade (VG0019)
KSVG0019: Dual Core Utility / Butchery 6"
Until now, it was considered almost impossible to create true layered fold-forged Damascus from two premium-quality stainless steels. No longer. What was impossible is now a reality - and Shun is proud to bring it to your kitchen.
- 71 alternating micro layers of VG10 and VG2, high-carbon, high-chromium stainless steel
- Layers are welded together and fold-forged to give a finer grain to the steel and to create the beautiful pattern
- Dual core construction - both steels go all the way to the edge
- The blade is light, thin and strong - for an ultra-sharp edge
- During normal use, the two steels on the edge wear at different rates creating micro serrations along the edge for an extremely sharp edge that stays sharp longer
- Less honing is required to maintain edge
- Traditional Japanese octagon-shaped handles in ebony PakkaWood
- Model Number: VG0019
- Utility / Butchery 6"
- Made in Japan
The exotic steel Capital of the World, Japan produces and innovates some of the best products, from pocket to kitchen knives and everything in between.
Provides a traditional, natural look and feel to a modern tool. Wood absorbs shock well and is popular in axe handles.
Old Hickory Slicing Knife 8" Blade
Shun Classic Japanese Style Utility…
KAI Pure Komachi 2 Series (Blue) 6"…
Shun VB0741 Sora Ultimate Utility K…
Boker Arbolito 6" Utility Knife
Mercer Cutlery Genesis 5" Utility K…
Mercer Cutlery Genesis 10" Car…
Spyderco K04SBK Kitchen Utility Kni…
Victorinox Forschner 14" Round End …