Shun Dual Core Utility / Butchery Knife 6" Blade (VG0019)
KSVG0019: Dual Core Utility / Butchery 6"
Until now, it was considered almost impossible to create true layered fold-forged Damascus from two premium-quality stainless steels. No longer. What was impossible is now a reality - and Shun is proud to bring it to your kitchen.
- 71 alternating micro layers of VG10 and VG2, high-carbon, high-chromium stainless steel
- Layers are welded together and fold-forged to give a finer grain to the steel and to create the beautiful pattern
- Dual core construction - both steels go all the way to the edge
- The blade is light, thin and strong - for an ultra-sharp edge
- During normal use, the two steels on the edge wear at different rates creating micro serrations along the edge for an extremely sharp edge that stays sharp longer
- Less honing is required to maintain edge
- Traditional Japanese octagon-shaped handles in ebony PakkaWood
- Model Number: VG0019
- Utility / Butchery 6"
- Made in Japan
The exotic steel Capital of the World, Japan produces and innovates some of the best products, from pocket to kitchen knives and everything in between.
Provides a traditional, natural look and feel to a modern tool. Wood absorbs shock well and is popular in axe handles.
Old Hickory Slicing Knife 8" Blade
Shun Classic Japanese Style Utility…
KAI Pure Komachi 2 Series (Blue) 6"…
Shun VB0741 Sora Ultimate Utility K…
$88.00On Sale: $55.95
Boker Arbolito 6" Utility Knife
Mercer Cutlery Genesis 5" Utility K…
Mercer Cutlery Genesis 10" Car…
Spyderco K04SBK Kitchen Utility Kni…
Victorinox Forschner 14" Round End …