DPx Gear HEST 2.0 Left Handed Folder 3.1" D2 Black Plain Blade, Titanium and OD G10 Handles
Kershaw 1660 Leek Assisted 3" Sandv…
DPx Gear HEST 2.0 Right Handed Fold…
Boker Plus Anti-MC Folding Knife 3-…
Kershaw 1555Ti Cryo Assisted 2-3/4"…
Columbia River 6450S Drifter Foldin…
$36.99On Sale: $14.95
Kershaw Ken Onion Chive Assisted 1-…
Boker Plus Chad Los Banos Subcom Ti…
Kershaw 1447 One Ton Folding 3-1/2"…
Zero Tolerance Hinderer New Lockup …
Zero Tolerance 0560 Folding 3.75" E…
RPDPKNHSFL3OD: HEST / Folder 2.0 OD
The DPx Hostile Environment Survival Tool® (HEST) Folder has evolved from its beginnings as the folding version of the HEST fixed blade. The HEST now goes further. On expeditions, hunts or in the conflict zones.
Yes, a brutal-use folder can be small and light. DPx Gear features a Titanium alloy frame and a meaty D2 steel blade with G10 scales into an EDC folder. The HEST/F features a rapid deployment system that combines a patented RotoBlock system that actually locks the folder into a fixed blade.
The HEST was immediately sold out in both first run and production versions and put to work around the globe. The hard-won experience and tips came back and went directly into this knife: larger frame, tighter 3mm pocket clip, revised pivot geometry, meatier lock and a 4mm G10 scale that replaces steel. All of which to make this HEST stronger and lighter than the famous original. The HEST comes with the stainless steel skull tool for adjustment and handy defense and utility work.
INFORMATION ON THE DPx HEST/2.0
The HEST/F was developed as the direct folding version of the famous DPx Hostile Environment Survival Tool fixed blade knife. This latet version is dubbed the 2.0 because there are a number of significant modifications made to the first release of this brutal use folder. The goal was to increase strength without adding weight and to directly enhance t ease of opening, strength of lockup and usability.
DPx HEST/F 2.0 Modifications include:
1. Removal of the stainless steel liner and addition of a thicker G10 scale, which reduces the potential for corrosion and also strengthens the knife while reducing the weight.
2. Subtle geometry changes to the pivot, lock point, thrust angle, thumb stud and heel angle. Each of these changes was designed to make the knife easier to open, strengthen the lock bar and allow the knife to open more smoothly.
3. We also increased the size of the heel, length of the back spacer and the width of the frame to further increase the strength and handling. We redesigned the pocket clip and removed the two holes to make it stronger and easier to use. You will also notice increased the cut hole for the thumb screw and scalloped the inside of the lock bar. An independant review of the HEST/F 2.0 included below provides an excellent overview. DPx Gear released three knives to our biggest critics with the mandate to try to destroy them. Their response was overwhelmingly positive.
In all DPx Gear has created a lighter, stronger, smoother and simply better product for the same price as the original.
- German D2 Tool Steel Blade coated with black milspec
- 6A14v GR.5 stone washed U.S. made titanium alloy frame
- Patented RotoBlock frame lock prevents lock slippage
- Integrated glass breaker with optional round head screw included
- Olive Drab, textured U.S. made G10 4mm structural scale
- Stainless Steel Tool with wrench, pivot adjustment, box cutter and chisel
- Hex driver socket wire stripper choil in three sizes
- Deep pocket carry stainless steel clip
- Lifetime warranty
- Designed by Robert Young Pelton
- Blade Length: 3.10"
- Blade Thickness: 0.187"
- Handle Thickness: 0.541"
- Closed Length: 4.38"
- Overall Length: 7.625"
- Weight: 5.11 oz.
- Handmade by Lion Steel in Maniago, Northern Italy
Developed by Chris Reeve, it functions like a liner lock but the lock is comprised of one of the handle scales. It's an extremely strong and easy to manipulate lock.
Includes a pocket clip for easy accessibility and a more secure carry.
A nonferrous metal, it's prized for it's high strength to weight ratio and is often used on higher end knives.
This is a high carbon steel that is appropriate for use in hostile environments and is known for edge retention.