Smith's 4" Diamond Sharpening Stone (50363)
SMI50363: 50363 - 4" Diamond Sharpening Stone
Stone Grit: 750
Stone Surface: Monocrystalline Diamonds
Stone Length (inches): 4
Stone Width (inches): 1
Smith's® 4" Diamond Sharpening Stone (item # 50363) features Smith's patented interrupted diamond surface which speeds the sharpening process by collecting and holding the metal filings removed from the knife or tool edge during sharpening. This keeps the sharpening surface clean and working effectively. The 4" Diamond Sharpening Stone also comes with a Micro-Tool Sharpening Pad™ for sharpening the tips of your knife blade and small tools, a straight-line sharpening groove for fishhooks and pointed objects, and a stone cover that doubles as a base when not covering the stone. It is excellent for sharpening even the hardest steel blades and works best on small to medium hunting knives, tactical knives, and everyday pocket knives.
1. Cover surface of the stone with a sharpening lubricant, water or honing oil, if preferred. Place your blade flat on the end of your stone. Raise the back of your knife to an approximate 20-degree angle. (Fig. 1)
2. PUSH the blade AWAY from you, just like you are trying to carve a thin slice off the top of the stone. Don’t be afraid to use pressure against the stone while sharpening since it will not damage the stone or your knife. Repeat this PUSHING stroke three or four times. Remember, try to keep the same approximate sharpening angle all the time since this is the key to obtaining the sharpest edge. (Fig. 2)
WARNING: Keep fingers and hands away from knife blade during sharpening or injury may occur.
3. To sharpen the other side of your knife place your blade at the opposite end of your stone and repeat steps 1 and 2 , but instead of pushing the knife away from you pull it towards you as shown. (Fig. 3) Continue sharpening both sides of your blade equally until sharp.
4. To sharpen FISH HOOKS, lay point of fish hook flat in the groove and move the hook back and forth in a filing motion. (Fig. 4)
Protective Cover: can be removed and inserted into the base to extend the stone base (Fig. 5). This allows for a more secure grip on the stone base and keeps your fingers away from the knife blade during sharpening.
Click the "Download User Manual" button above to see illustrations that go with these sharpening instructions.
Care & Storage:
- Always dry your diamond stone surface after each use and before storing.
- Occassionally clean your stone with soapy water and a mild brush.
- Interrupted surface speeds sharpening
- 750 grit diamond-coated surface
- Cover doubles as base extension
- Straight-line sharpening groove for hooks and pointed objects
- Micro-Tool Sharpening Pad™ for tips of your knife blade and small cutting tools
- Lightweight and compact
Spyderco 204MF Sharpmaker Standard …
CarBee-Sharp Multi-Head Pocket Carb…
Spyderco 204UF1 Triangle Sharpmaker…
Lansky Professional Knife Sharpenin…
Lansky 4 Rod Gourmet Knife Sharpene…
Slicing Edge Sharpening System With…
DMT ADELUXE Aligner Deluxe Kit
Schrade Old Timer Honesteel 7" Shar…
Lansky Deluxe Knife Sharpening Syst…
Tri-Hone Sharpening System 8" w/oil…