The Montauk Point knives are the culmination of years of development between custom knife maker, Greg Lightfoot, and commercial fishermen who tested the knives to insure maximum cutting performance. The result is a series of ergonomic characteristics including a secure grip to insure minimum user fatigue and maximum comfort, and the correct amount of length and flex to maximize the useable meat and minimize waste. To achieve the essential characteristics, we incorporated a curved handle spine and finger choil and 9.5" blade with just the right flex. The companion steaking knife features a thicker, stiffer blade spine to better "steak" large fish. Both knives feature a 420 stainless steel blade for excellent edge retention, and a Zytel® handle with Kraton® inserts for a comfortable, slip resistant grip.Specifications
- Blade length: 9.5"
- Overall length: 15.375"
- Blade material: 420 stainless steel
- Handle material: Zytel® with Kraton® inserts
- Includes custom molded case to protect and store both knives when not in use
- Made in China
- Matched set
- Non-slip handles
- Molded case
- 1 Thin spine flexible fillet knife
- 1 Thick spine steaking knife
- Ideal for use on all big game fish