Woodman's Pal Long Reach Model 145 Tool 11" Blade, Wood Handle, Nylon Sheath
WP14512: Woodman's Pal Long Reach Model 145
A Unique Tool Offering Optimum Performance, Usefulness and Power, Artful Beauty In Its Handiwork and a Proud History In its Design
Lighter weight tool provides for the added control and blade speed needed for slashing through leafy, springy vegetation.
The Woodman’s Pal is a brush axe/machete that can perform the tasks of many tools including machetes, axes, hatchets, pruning saws, pruning shears, pruning knives, bow saws, loppers, Bowie knives and for certain jobs, even chain saws. It allows you to trim, prune, blaze trails, brush out lines, remove unwanted growth and build duck blinds.
Designed in 1941 in Pennsylvania by Artist and Engineer, Frederick Ehrsam of Victor Tool Company, these unique high quality tools continue to be made right here in Pennsylvania, with only USA made raw materials.
These All-American tools are made of the highest grade American steel and the best American ash wood by dedicated Pennsylvania craftsmen, and those craftsmen’s precision and attention to detail are testaments of their commitment to our USA Pride: Build it once Build it right.
Today, the Woodman’s Pal is still praised by forest and land managers, surveyors, campers, hikers, hunters, soldiers, handymen, scouts, fishermen, gardeners and any outdoorsman or woman.
Heavy density 1800 denier waterproof cordura nylon with nickel snap and rivet, belt loop and convenient Velcro closure. Finished with a Woodman’s Pal® logo patch, this is an excellent alternative to leather.
- Specially annealed, high carbon steel blade (hardened to Rockwell C47+2).
- Crack and chip proof, even in sub-zero temperatures.
- Convex ground, concave axe blade for extreme strength and superior edge holding capabilities. Cuts wood up to 1-1/2” in diameter with a single stroke.
- Chisel sharp sickle hook slices through stubborn vines and briars, and removes unwanted sprout growth at ground level.
- Line of balance runs precisely from the grip through the sickle edge creating a natural momentum for efficient, accurate and comfortable swinging motion.
- Black powder coating prevents rust and corrosion.
- Safety toe, extending one inch up the axe-side of the tool, reduces risk of deflective injuries
- 22” overall length
- 11” Ash hardwood handle. Provides increased leverage to maintain the traditional chopping power of heavier models
- 1/16” thickness x 11” long high carbon steel blade hardened to Rockwell C47 giving it strength for cutting, keeping its edge and also flexibility in cold weather.
- Provides the furthest reach of any Woodman’s Pal® tool and is used for jobs where workers can remain at a distance from the actual cutting actions. The unique sickle hook slices through stubborn vines and briars and removes unwanted sprout growth at ground level.
This product is USA born and raised.
Durable, flexible, abrasion and mildew resistant, and high strength.
Provides a traditional, natural look and feel to a modern tool. Wood absorbs shock well and is popular in axe handles.
Cold Steel Kukri Machete 13" Carbon…
Cold Steel 97GMS Gladius Machete 19…
Cold Steel Magnum Kukri Machete 17"…
KA-BAR 1249 Kukri Machete 11-1/2" B…
Ontario Military Jungle Machete 18"…
Condor Tool & Knife CTK410-14HCS Go…
Ontario SP8 Machete Survival 10" 10…
Condor Tool & Knife CTK412-17HCS Pa…
Ontario Sawback Machete 18" Blade
Camillus Carnivore 12" Titanium Bon…
ESEE Knives Junglas Machete 10.38" …